1. Have you recently suffered an injury during athletic competition, practice, or physical training?
• If you have been sidelined from any of the above due to a sudden injury it is important to immediately address things commonly experienced. Occurrences such as swelling, pain, joint stiffness, muscular pain, weakness or imbalance, and unusual asymmetries can be a warning sign of various severity in injury to bone, joints, muscles, tendons and or ligaments.
• We will provide an initial evaluation and assessment of your condition by looking at you from head to toe to help guide you in the fastest possible route to getting back to optimal performance. If for some reason the nature of the injury will require attention from another medical professional we will help you to connect with the best possible option for you.
2. Are you suffering from aches, pains, or joint stiffness after physical activity?
• Often times we don’t realize the extent of of overuse and compensation that our body is suffering from during our athletic or physical activity.
• After prolonged, and sometimes short durations of activity we will feel the effects of overuse and compensation in the form of tightness, trigger point activity and myofascial restriction, torque (strain) on joints, and on tendons.
3. Do you experience back pain, neck pain, headaches, or just notice poor posture while at work?
• Whether you are a seasoned athlete, weekend warrior, or just doing your best to remain healthy and pain free you may still be having trouble with pain at work, or just at home while at rest.
• It is during these times that we can be most vulnerable. We tend to get caught up with the things that are important to our work lives (as we all know this is a necessary evil), however, when we lose touch with our bodies we become subject to positions and postures that are easiest for our bodies to settle into.
• We are here to educate you on simple things like posture, positioning, and stress reduction. We address the need for pain relief, improving musculoskeletal balance, and movement correction, all while teaching you how to regain control over your body. You will feel better!!
• At Smart Athlete Physiotherapy we take into consideration everything that can be creating problems from head to toe. It is most important that an accurate diagnosis is made prior to fixing the issue. We utilize an extensive background in neuromuscular, and musculoskeletal evaluations with athlete and non-athletes alike to get our finger on the route cause. Once this has been established we can come up with a customized plan that is suitable for you to reduce pain, but more importantly remain pain free andmeeting all of your physical goals.
• Unlike most facilities that are in-network with your insurance we go above and beyond to maintain constant and personalized communication using the latest in client management software.
• We believe that in order to make a real and long lasting change in the quality of your performance and life that you have to play an active role in making these changes. We will arm you with the knowledge and skills to progressively improve your situation and performance. We take pride in keeping you honest with what it takes to be the best that you can be and how you can feel.
• You will be evaluated by a licensed physical therapist to identify your underlying problem. A plan for recovery, performance, and maintenance will be devised along with the patient’s goals. Then you will be followed by the therapist guiding your care until your goals have been met.
• In certain situations we will utilize a team of licensed physical therapists, bodywork specialists, and athletic trainers to help to meet important goals in the process of getting to optimal results.
• You will not be “pushed off” onto another person’s schedule due to high volumes of clients that need to be juggled with each other in order to provide sub-optimal care.
• Your best interest is in mind 100% of the time.
• Exercises are not always necessary to reduce pain initially.
• However, we believe that movement correction and the ability to create normal movement without getting “stuck” in patterns requires teaching the body and brain to work together as it was originally designed.
• Within a typical 45-60 minute session we will address soft tissue and movement restrictions with a variety of hands-on manual techniques (myofascial release, trigger point therapy, functional dry needling, instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization); and self treatment techniques (Postural Restoration, joint mobilization, posture correction, tips and strategies for corrected movement, and ergonomic design).
• We are an Out-of-Network provider, so we do not directly participate with any insurance plans. However, we do provide you with an invoice that includes your treatment and diagnostic codes, which you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
• We have been there and done that! From first hand experience we have seen how it is impossible to treat you the way you deserve to be treated while having to abide by the in- network “grind.”
• The ability to work with an experienced licensed physical therapist at Smart Athlete Physiotherapy will result in less lost time at work and play. Our typical frequency and duration of visits is almost half of that in-network.
• Each of our treatment plans are customized, based on findings from the initial evaluation and on individual rehabilitation goals and needs. Given the length and intensity of our treatment sessions, most people come in once a week before tapering off. However, your particular condition and how you respond to treatments will affect your treatment plan, including its frequency and overall length. Home exercises are often assigned to your PtEverywhere account to speed progress.
• We do not provide therapy services for Medicare patients. We do not participate with Medicare. It is possible to see one of our staff for a wellness/maintenance program. This is not considered a medical treatment by Medicare. We will give you a sales receipt for “wellness and maintenance” and it will not include diagnostic codes and ICD-10 codes. Refer to our letter of clarification on Medicare status.
Smart Athlete PhysioTherapy utilizes cutting edge software to keep you connected to your physio, stay motivated and easily access your exercises through your browser or mobile app. Jeff helped create PtEverywhere (PtE) , a complete practice management solution for physiotherapy providers.
What does that mean to you? A PtE account is created for all Smart Athlete clients . With is you will have the ability to schedule appointments, securely message your provider, access your home exercise program, receive invoices, receive push not ifications through the mobile app. If your not a Smart Athlete client and would like to create a PtE account, register here.